Reasons to Adopt
- Save a Life - You are helping animal rescue groups save animal lives by re-homing the homeless rather than creating a market for additional kittens/puppies.
- Offer Animals New Hope - Many pets are victims of circumstance - moving, allergies, lack of forethought – and deserve a new home. These animals bring you unconditional love and companionship. Be a hero! Adopters are heroes in the battle against pet overpopulation - and to their new pet!
- Variety - Animal rescue organizations have it all - from purebreds to the most unique crossbreeds. Don't be limited by looking for a specific breed, crossbreeds can have the best traits from a variety of breed-lines.
- Animal Personalities - Our knowledge of the animals characteristics, activity level, needs, traits and care requirements allow for excellent family matches and placement.
- Experienced Animals - We don't just have puppies and kittens, we also have many experienced animals. With older pets there's no guesswork - what you see is what you get - which helps when looking for a compatible pet.
- Knowledgeable Staff/Volunteers - Our goal is to help you decide on the pet that's right for you, your family and your lifestyle so our pets find life-long homes.
- Health Care - Vaccinations, sterilizations, identification and more, are all included in the adoption fee.
- Support - After the adoption, animal rescue groups are happy to answer your questions and help with any problems you may experience. If we can't help, we'll refer you to a specialist who can!
To find the right pet for you, visit the Calgary Humane Society.