We’ve created some animal pumpkin templates for you to use this Halloween! We would love to see your finished carvings, so be sure to send us a picture on our Facebook page when you’re finished. Happy Halloween!
You will need:
- A printer with plain white paper
- Long-handled spoon
- A tack, pin, nail or other sharp object
- Carving knife
How to carve your animal pumpkin
- Print out your favourite template:
- Pick out a pumpkin and wipe down the best side of the pumpkin. This is where your picture will go.
- Carve a circle in the top of the pumpkin to open it, and then scoop out the seeds and flesh on the inside.
- Cut around your template and tape it onto the pumpkin. If your pumpkin is a funny shape, we found that wetting the paper a little bit allows you to mold it to your pumpkin.
- Use a tack, pin, nail or other sharp object to poke holes around the outline of the template. Be very careful! Get help from an adult if you need it.
- Remove the paper and carve your design!
Share your photos with us on Facebook!