Create a Fundraising Page
Thank you for Registering for Dog Jog.
Now it is time to Start Fundraising!
Take a moment to read the instructions so you know exactly what to do.
Step 1: Create a ‘JustGiving’ Account
- We are using a new fundraising tool this year. JustGiving will make it seamless for you to fundraise and support Calgary Humane Society’s Dog Jog.The first step is to create an account. You can login with Facebook if you would like to connect your JustGiving page to your personal social media.
Step 2: Complete your profile
- Next you need to complete your profile. Start by entering your address.
Step 3: Click “Taking Part in an Event”
- JustGiving will then ask you how you want to fundraise. Make sure you click “Taking Part in an Event
Step 4: Click the event: Calgary Humane Society: Dog Jog
Step 5: Set an Individual Fundraising Goal
- Make a goal! You can change it at any time. There is a minimum suggested donation of $100 to participate.
Step 5: Personalize your JustGiving Page
- Make your donation page your own. We’ve added placeholder text but this is a change for you to tell your friends and family members why you are supporting Calgary Humane Society and Dog Jog.
Example Page Titles:
- Lily’s Bakery is jogging for our furry friend Max
- Help me raise money in honour of my rescue pup Charlie
Tell your story.
The best way to encourage your friends and family to donate to your cause is by sharing your story. Maybe you’re walking in honour of a dear pet or just because you believe in the cause. Make it your own.
Create a custom URL:
You can create a custom URL so it is easier for your friends and family to find your JustGiving page
Add a page cover:
You can add a photo or video to help bring your page to life.
Note: you can change and continue editing your page at anytime.
Step 1: Decide who is going to be your team captain and have them create the team. Once the page is complete, they will be able to invite all members to join the team.
Step 2: The team captain will use their individual JustGiving page and click ‘Create a Team’
Step 3: Create a Team Name
Think of a fun team name! The more create the better!
Step 4: Come up with a team story. Why are you all participating?
Write your story, add photos, videos to customize your page however you’d like. You can add to your page and edit it at anytime.
Step 5: Set a team fundraising goal and create a custom URL
Step 6: Invite your friends, coworkers, family members to join your team!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Ensure all team members who are participating in the event have registered.
How much do you want to raise for Calgary Humane Society? Set a goal you think you can achieve and encourage your friends and family to support you.
Take some time to customize your JustGiving fundraising page. Include a story about why you are participating and bring it to life with photos and videos.
Your friends and family will be more inclined to support you if you tell a compelling story about why you choose to participate in Dog Jog and support Calgary Humane Society.
People give to charities because they are asked. Remember that you are raising funds for Calgary Humane Society and for the animals that we help. You are not raising funds for yourself. You may want to start with you inner circles.
Any amount helps, even just $5.00. You never know what someone might be to donate if you don’t ask.
A matching partner can be a huge help when trying to achieve a fundraising goal.
Reach out to your favorite relative or to your favorite business, e.g. your hair salon or barbershop and ask them to match up to certain amount. Then you can promote the “matching donation” in your message, for example:
My aunt will match up to $1,000 of the money I raise, doubling your donation.
There are so many corporate matching programs out there. Talk to your employer and see if they will match your donations and contribute to the cause.
Talk to your coworkers and enter a team from work!
If you have any questions or need some extra help creating your page, email us at FundDevelopment@calgaryhumane.ca