September 2021 Covid-19 Policy Update: Calgary Humane Society has adopted the “Restrictions Exemption Program” click here to read about how that impacts anyone accessing our indoor and in-person services
Have your next birthday party at the Calgary Humane Society!
BIRTHDAY PARTY PACKAGE – Resuming September 18th
Party your paws off at Calgary Humane Society! Our birthday package is a stress-free, no-fuss option for those seeking a furry and fabulous birthday experience! Our experienced birthday party facilitator will lead birthday guests through an engaging birthday program including fun activities, crafty creations and a virtual tour of the shelter!
Your child’s party includes visits from two special animal guests and finishes off with time for cake, pizza and presents. The best news? We take care of everything! You just show up with the cake. Looking to have an extra special birthday? Check out our Birthday Fundraising ideas below to see options on how to help the 5,000 animals that Calgary Humane Society cares for each year.
Birthday Package Details:
Parties available for children in grades 1-6.
Party fee: $340.00
Three-hour party in a private party space for 15 kids
Full programming provided by our birthday facilitator
A virtual tour of the Calgary Humane Society facility
A creative animal craft
An interactive presentation
A visit from two special animal guests
Pizza for the party guests (two large pizzas included – 16 pieces total)
Juice boxes for the party guests
All plates, cutlery and napkins are provided
Party Days and Times
Saturday Afternoon: 1:00pm – 4:00pm Sunday Afternoon: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Looking to make a difference for your birthday?
Do you want to help out Calgary Humane Society pets? Here are some ideas other children have done for their parties:
- Toonies for Tabbies – Have guests bring a toonie to donate to the animals at Calgary Humane Society
- Collect cash donations in lieu of birthday presents for the animals
- Ask each guest to bring a can of wet food or a bag of kibble (Royal Canin is preferred)
- Ask each guest to bring one item from our wish list
Please note: We are only able to issue a tax receipt to the original donor. If you are collecting donations from your guests and they would like a tax receipt, please record their name and address on the linked form and submit with the donation.
Don’t forget! If you held a special birthday party and are planning to drop off your donation, please contact the Fund Development Department at (403) 205-4455 ext 6000. We would love to say thank you!
Birthday Party FAQ
Question not listed below? Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents/Guardians, and Adult guests are expected to supervise their children as well as the other children in the group.
– The Calgary Humane Society is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. As such, abuse or harassment of the birthday party leader will not be tolerated. The Party Coordinator reserves the right to cancel the party if children are not kept reasonably under control by the adult guests.
– Parental involvement in party activities is strongly encouraged! Have FUN, it’s a birthday party!
- Three-hour party in a private party space for 15 kids
- Full programming provided by our birthday facilitator
- A virtual tour of our facility
- A creative animal craft
- Interactive presentation
- Two Special Animal Guests!
- Pizza for the guests (two large pizzas included – 16 pieces total)
- Juice Boxes for the party guests
- ALL plates, cutlery and napkins
- Decorations set up and ready to go
A Calgary Humane Society Birthday Party Experience includes a visit with two special animal guest who will be brought up to the learning center. Children will learn the basic needs of the special guest and how to communicate with the animal using body language.
A note about animal guests: As an open-admission animal shelter, we receive animals of all species, breed, temperament and background. As such, some of our animals are more suited to visiting with young people and large groups than others. With a continually changing population of animals we cannot predict who will be available on any given day. Safety of our human and animal friends is our utmost priority and the most appropriate animal guest for your group will be determined by staff on the day of your visit.