2021 Virtual Programming
Our Humane Education programs are now ready to go virtual!
Our virtual programs are targeted for children in Kindergarten to Grade Six and offer a variety of topics including animal body language, wildlife, exotic pets, dog safety, animal careers, volunteering and of course, information about Calgary Humane Society! And don’t worry – we didn’t forget to include lots of cute animal footage! Our Humane Education team will guide students and teachers through the presentations and there will be a variety of appearances from staff and volunteers from all different departments here at CHS. These programs are well suited for classes, community groups, at-home learners and for any youth interested in animals!
Our virtual programs are available in a subscription-style purchase, which includes everything we have to offer for four months or you can receive access to each new topic when requested, but a minimum of two weeks must take place between each access period. We are also offering an à la carte option to purchase presentations separately based on the needs and interests of your group. The prices for these programs are as follows:
- One presentation per month (four months in total)
- Activity recommendations to further student’s learning
- Activity Worksheets
- Monthly newsletter
- Monthly animal guest spotlights
- Virtual shelter tour
- Option for a live virtual question and answer period with a member of our Humane Education team after each presentation
- Digital poster to print and hang in your classroom
À La Carte Programs
- One Presentation (includes a pre-recorded presentation and a live question and answer session) – $55.00
- Tour – Available Here! (includes a pre-recorded virtual tour and a live question and answer session) – $20.00
Presentation Topics are as follows:
- More Than a Shelter – Available here! Learn about Calgary Humane Society and the operational aspects of running a shelter.
- Animal Experts – Available here! Explore animal body language, how to interact with dogs in various situations, positive reinforcement training methods, and what it takes to take care of a pet.
- Lets Get Wild! – Available here! Learn all about wildlife that we may see in the Calgary area, habituation, exotic animals and how we can show these animals respect to keep both them, and ourselves, safe.
- Careers, Volunteer and More! – Available here! Explore different opportunities working and volunteering with animals, and what it takes to be in these roles. This will include veterinarians, peace officers, animal care attendants, foster parents, adoption counselors, behavior trainers, and administrative roles in a shelter.
If you would like to know more about our virtual programs, please contact us at email@example.com for further information!