Good morning CHS Supporters!
All month we are celebrating our volunteers here at the shelter! It’s no secret that volunteers are critical to everything we do… but what goes in to creating these awesome folks?
Today on the blog we bring you…
A Recipe for an Awesome CHS Volunteer!
- At least 16+ years of life experience (18+ for dog walkers)
- A minimum 6 month supply of at least 2 hours per week
- 1 heaping tablespoon of compassion
- 1 large dose of love
- 1 full helping of genuine concern for animal welfare
- A scoop of belief and commitment to our mission at CHS: To help as many animals as we can
To your base, add:
- A selection of in-person interview questions to determine the best placement
- Based on in-person interview, add one complete volunteer placement description
- 1 Police background check (add only after in-person interview and placement are fully incorporated)
- 1 Volunteer orientation session
- Several Hours of role-dependent training
- Start-up supplies*
*Start-up supplies are minimal and are dependent on the volunteer role
- Mix all ingredients together to create awesome volunteer
- Add awesome volunteer to awesome volunteer team (warning: this much concentrated awesomeness may require eye protection)
- Schedule volunteer team to provide needed coverage
- Sit back and watch the world get brighter!
To all of our incredible, awesome, amazing, stupendous, unbelievable, awe-inspiring, astonishing, remarkable, splendid, tremendous, marvelous, astounding, fantastic, wonderful and all-around OUTSTANDING volunteers at Calgary Humane Society…
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!
Interested in joining our volunteer team? Check out our website HERE to see available volunteer positions and learn more about how to become involved!