Does your dog go crazy every time the door bell rings? Does your misbehaved pooch embarrass you when company comes over? Are you at the end of your rope with house training? Don’t get frustrated – get help!
The behaviour coordinators at the Calgary Humane Society offer private one-on-one sessions for dog owners and their dogs. Learn the latest science-based behaviour modification techniques for minimizing undesirable behaviours and encouraging appropriate ones. These sessions are ideal for people who feel they’d like more one-on-one assistance with their dogs than traditional classes might offer, or for dogs who would not cope well in a multi-dog classroom environment.
Examples of concerns addressed in private sessions:
- barking, growling, snapping, biting
- destruction, chewing
- house soiling
- resource guarding (e.g., food, toys, beds, etc.)
- separation anxiety
- multi-dog household management
- … and more!
Private Consultation for non-aggression sessions are priced as follows*:
- Single, 1-hour consultation session – $100 for CHS members/animals rescued from shelters/seniors
- Single, 1-hour consultation session – $125 for non-members of CHS
- Bundle, four 1-hour sessions – $375.00 (savings of $25.00)
- Additional session – $90.00 (for those who have purchased a bundle and require more than four sessions)
- To register for a non-aggression related consultation please fill out the following form: PDF
Private Consultation for aggression sessions are priced as follows*:
- Single, 1-hour consultation session – $200 for CHS members/animals rescued from shelters/seniors
- Single, 1-hour consultation session – $225 for non-members of CHS
- Bundle, four 1-hour sessions – $700.00 (savings of $100.00)
- Additional session – $175.00 (for those who have purchased a bundle and require more than four sessions)
- To register for a aggression related consultation please fill out the following form: PDF
* For non-aggressive dogs. For the purpose of CHS private consults, “aggressive dogs” are those dogs with a history of injury to humans or another animal requiring medical attention (i.e., stitches). CHS will work with your aggressive dog, but pricing is different for aggression cases due to the intensive nature of training involved. Please call 403-723-6019 for more information.
- Private consultations are by appointment only. No walk-ins, please.
- Sessions take place at the Calgary Humane Society: 4455 – 110 Ave SE
- Payment must be made in advance of the appointment. The Calgary Humane Society accepts Visa, MasterCard, debit, cash or cheque.
- Fees are non-refundable. Sessions expire within 1 year.
- In the event that a client is unable to keep an appointment, we require advance notice. CHS is happy to reschedule at the client’s request. Call 403-723-6019 if you are going to be late/need to reschedule.
- Failure to keep an appointment without advance notice may constitute forfeiture of fees rendered.